I want to apologize upfront, the podcast recording glitched and didn’t record, however, I was able to strip the audio from the live stream. It’s of lesser quality then usual, but at least I was able to get it!
Brought to you in part by Final 9 Sports, with two locations, Orangevale – Shady Oaks & Rocklin – Johnson Springview Park, and DUDE Clothing!
Hello and welcome to the Disc Golf Show Episode 55
Today is Sunday, Jan 7th.
And our guest host is a long time friend of the show, the one and only, Dean Schaub!
- Controversial Topic – 2018 PDGA Tobacco Policy Update
- Entire Major and National Tour events and concurrently run lower tiers
- Includes Check-In, Player Meeting, Competition Rounds, Periods before and after rounds, Awards Ceremony)
- Includes smoking and chewing tobacco as well as electronic/vapor cigarettes (vaping)
- Participants, Caddies, Tournament Staff, Volunteers, and Spectators need to be notified in advance at the venue
- Tournament Directors can provide special areas out of the public eye to be designated as smoking areas
- Congregation areas can not be designated as smoking areas
- Most likely due to the major backlash from players
- Policy went back under review on Jan 4th
- Interesting question from a follower:
- What suggestions do you have for a mental patient with 4 identities that just picked up disc golf and is truly in love with the sport?
- Any insight?
- Check out the question via our FB and/or Twitter
We would like to thank our episode sponsor: Disc Golf To Go by Thinking Impaired Studios, this is a sweet disc golf app game! Fun and entertaining to play!
- Disc Golf To Go
- Over 50 handcrafted levels.
- 20 different discs each with their own flight-path, master them all!
- Simple drag-and-shoot game play lets you make that perfect shot.
- Disc editor: customize the design of your discs.
- PRO levels provide a serious challenge!
- Single-player, off-line play, no ads
- Download: https://t.co/W5MnQjLVJJ
- Giveaway – 3 codes for a free download
- The first National Tour event is coming February 22-25
- Las Vegas Challenge presented by Innova Champion Discs
- Check out The Disc Jock
- It is a blog where he interviews disc golfers and others
- Check out the interview with us coming soon!!!
- Will Schusterick – Disc Golf Instruction Subscription
- $8.99 Lifetime Access to Beginner Series
- Open the Dismania Final Act Mystery Box
- PDGA Partners with UDisc for 2018 National Tour and Pro Worlds
- Will be great to see the inclusion of all the NT events into the players stats
UDisc Quick Stats:
Gear/Equipment: (Brought to you by ScoreBand: Use DGS20 for 20% off your purchase)
- Latitude 64 – Ballista Pro (Distance Driver)
- Latitude 64 – Explorer (Fairway Driver)
- Dynamic Discs – Captain
- Dynamic Discs – Getaway
- Dynamic Discs – Maverick
- Dynamic Discs – Patrol
- No info yet
- Discraft – Chainstar Lite
- Two Disc Rounds!
— Putter may be a must have
- You really learn your discs
- You learn your week points, and shots you need to practice
UDisc Quick Stats
During the 2017 Disc Golf Pro Tour, there were only 6 players that had less than 40% pars. These also happen to be the more aggressive players that most often go for birdie or bogey.
Anthony Barela (34%) had the second fewest pars (after Eagle at 33%). Anthony was also #1 for Parked and Circle 1 in Regulation!
This goes to show you that there is a give and take for being aggressive and the overall outcome of your game, as Barela finished the 2017 DGPT in 43rd, while Eagle finished in 15th.
Also, Ricky Wysocki who finished in 1st for the DGPT had 36% Pars, and Paul McBeth who took 2nd also had 36% Pars.
Check out more 2017 DGPT stats at: https://udisclive.com/stats
- If you would like to leave a comment, or question for the show, please send your emails to email@example.com, leave us a comment on our facebook or twitter, or call us at 916-409-6656 and leave us a message, it might get played during the show!